 Star Wars / 6990
    A simple answer —David Simmons
   Hey all, I think that TLG will avoid dealing with this touchy issue (as perfectly demonstrated by the huge threads this topic always generates) by simply not making the minifigs for these characters. Whether they made a Lando 'fig with a yellow or (...) (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: A simple answer —Peter Callaway
     (...) Brilliant idea, Dave! I'm going to try it out. Pete Callaway (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: A simple answer —David Low
   (...) IANAA (I am not an American), but would a special interest group really *sue* Lego over a portrayal of ethnicity? Incidentally, I think Lego _should_ be challenged over it's attitudes to race and gender. As was pointed out earlier, there seems (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: A simple answer —Bram Lambrecht
     (...) I doubt it. Even if someone wanted to sue LEGO, what could they possibly argue? LEGO has the right to free speech, and therefore has the right to make their figs any color they want. By not creating figs with various "skin" tones, LEGO is (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         suing TLC for discrimination (was: Re: A simple answer) —Charles Eric McCarthy
     (...) You're right, they can't sue TLC for *that*, but... what if there were a lawsuit by TLC employees in the USA who thought they were being denied promotions due to their race. Could they use the "racially pure" minifigs as evidence of a (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: suing TLC for discrimination (was: Re: A simple answer) —Dave Schuler
     (...) Perhaps. But then so could anyone who felt that she'd been denied a promotion because she has four fingers and a thumb instead of the minfig style of hand. Likewise anyone who'd missed a promotion because he couldn't remove and reattach his (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: suing TLC for discrimination (was: Re: A simple answer) —Duane Hess
     (...) Seems like those who have been promoted in my company have removed their heads, but forgot to reattach them afterwards :-) -Duane (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: suing TLC for discrimination (was: Re: A simple answer) —Lindsay Frederick Braun
      (...) Ditto with companies I've worked for--except the heads DO get reattached, only not in their original position. best LFB FUT-> o-t.fun (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: A simple answer —David Simmons
   I didn't mean to imply they would sue them over a portrayal of ethnicity, I meant that someone might sue to have their group represented as part of TLG's population of minifigs (if TLG actually started making ethnic 'figs). Dave (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)