 Star Wars / 6493
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:56:08 GMT

Richard Schamus wrote:

In lugnet.western, Gary R. Istok writes:
Yes clear do exist.  I have "several".  If you want to know which set had the
most, here it is (thanks to Horst Lehner's cool catalog website).  This is the
reverse side to the 1961-62 USA Samsonite Catalog, where the parts packs are
located.  Check out parts pack 224, which was available in gray.

http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/us6x/US6x-2.JPG

The biggest decade for clear macaroni bricks was the 1960's.  The USA #725 • Town
Plan set had about 20 of these.  The Esso Service gas station set (#310) also • had
2, but was never available in the USA (this set was never available in the • USA,
but the parts/parts packs were available here).

Gary Istok

Aaron Hines wrote:

<SNIP>

Do clear macaroni bricks really exist!!???  What set?  I'd like to check it • out
on Brickshelf.

Yes, I believe I have ONE clear macaroni brick in my collection...unless I
traded it already.  I think Zonker got a couple clear bricks in trade when I
wasn't paying much attention. =)  Of course I got a Majisto and Dragon • Master
knight in trade, so it was okay.

Aaron
As Gary has said, yes they do exist. I used to be able to (once in a while)
play with my Uncle's collection, which included clear macaroni bricks, and a
neighbor friend of mine was lucky enough to have (what I considered at the
time) a masive collection, when I was a young child.

Rich.

As a kid growing up in Detroit in the early 1960's, whenever I got 50 cents or a
dollar together I used to go up to the neighborhood bicycle shop, which also
carried LEGO.  I ended up buying the macaroni brick parts packs in every color
available back then except yellow (I got red, white, blue, clear, black).  I made
up for it as an adult, and bought 4 packs in yellow.  Interestingly enough, the
Cellulose Acetate macaroni bricks didn't tend to warp as much as the other CA
pieces, and are still usable today (as are all my CA windows).  Not true for many
other CA bricks and slopes.

Gary Istok