 Star Wars / 6492
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:38:31 GMT

In lugnet.western, Gary R. Istok writes:
Yes clear do exist.  I have "several".  If you want to know which set had the
most, here it is (thanks to Horst Lehner's cool catalog website).  This is the
reverse side to the 1961-62 USA Samsonite Catalog, where the parts packs are
located.  Check out parts pack 224, which was available in gray.

http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/us6x/US6x-2.JPG

The biggest decade for clear macaroni bricks was the 1960's.  The USA #725 • Town
Plan set had about 20 of these.  The Esso Service gas station set (#310) also • had
2, but was never available in the USA (this set was never available in the • USA,
but the parts/parts packs were available here).

Gary Istok

Aaron Hines wrote:

<SNIP>

Do clear macaroni bricks really exist!!???  What set?  I'd like to check it • out
on Brickshelf.

Yes, I believe I have ONE clear macaroni brick in my collection...unless I
traded it already.  I think Zonker got a couple clear bricks in trade when I
wasn't paying much attention. =)  Of course I got a Majisto and Dragon • Master
knight in trade, so it was okay.

Aaron
As Gary has said, yes they do exist. I used to be able to (once in a while)
play with my Uncle's collection, which included clear macaroni bricks, and a
neighbor friend of mine was lucky enough to have (what I considered at the
time) a masive collection, when I was a young child.

Rich.