 Star Wars / 6117
Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 01:30:31 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Knoot writes:
Check it out at rebelscum.com here: http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2000.asp

And very well done, if I say so myself!  Also, check out the interior of the
Falcon, and it looks like the MTT comes with a half dozen battledroids!

Kevin

Overall I'm pretty happy with the new sets =).

The ATT tank looks pretty playable, on model and has a fair selection of
different pieces.Are the tan bits used for the main turret similar to the
model team chrome smoke stacks? seems like it.

The MTT looks neat.. I'm not crazy of the "patchwork" color scheme [I'll bring
up my thoughts on this with the falcon] but it does offer a very nice array of
parts and slopes.. and lots of brown bits.. alot of people is going to be
happy with this set. And lots of battle droids too =).

Chewy and C-3PO looks cool.. I'd like to see pictures of them under better
lighting conditions.. chewy is kinda hard to make out with this picture.

The falcon. Hmm.. I defended the falcon before because it was still a
prototype but this looks to be the final. Well I thought about it and the
falcon would be one of the hardest ships to make affordable. Perhaps we'll see
a UCS/Model Team Falcon in 2001/2002..why? I got a funny feeling the ULC X-
wing and Tie Interceptor will sell very well even with its high price point
perhaps urging TLC to come out with more sets.. there is alot of ground that
can be covered here... everything from AT-AT/AT-ST's to Imperial Shuttles or
even a micro-fig Imperial Star Destroyer =) [when i get enough white/grey I'll
make my own SD but thats another topic for another day].

Anyways back to the falcon... the exterior is ok.. I'd would have made the
front edges a bit thicker and not hollow.

The interior is way too Plain.. I came up with more interesting interiors
using the old space sets when I was a child back in the early 80's. The color
scheme seems right but not enough tech bits or hoses.

I have a theory on the "patchwork" color scheme of some of the lego sets.. my
guess is that TLC mass produced a large amount of tan especially for use for
Starwars. Perhaps there a "tan brick quota" we're seeing here =).

I know TLC can do a kick butt falcon.. its just would be too expensive to do
it right [unless its UCS].

Tie Interceptor / X-Wing TCS.  Wow. I'm getting a few of these... I'm just
coming out of my lego dark ages.. any see any interesting bricks that can be
yanked out of those sets?

I liked how TLC made use of the tank-tread hubs for part of the laser array.

Are the Engine Intakes on the X-Wing a new element? looks interesting.

The Dark Side Dev kit looks neat. I'd like to see how the AT AT walks [yeah
yeah it doesn't look exactly like an ATAT but its a technic model =)].

Any pictures from the Toy fair with the Mars Rover Mindstorms addon kit?

Regards,

Kurt