 Star Wars / 6125
Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 05:27:53 GMT

The Dark Side Dev kit looks neat. I'd like to see how the AT AT walks [yeah
yeah it doesn't look exactly like an ATAT but its a technic model =)].
Any pictures from the Toy fair with the Mars Rover Mindstorms addon kit?
Regards,
Kurt

Kurt, I saw the AT-AT walking on a CNN story about the toy fair this weekend.
It moved along at a pretty steady pace, at least a step a second.  This is much
faster than the menacing pace from the films, but I think it's great to have a
walking version!  Also, as you would imagine this is not the most stable/steady
set ever designed.  Those skimpy little legs can only provide so much support
and the whole body sort of rocked with each step.  Maybe we should call this
the Jello Walker ;)  I still think this will be a good set though.  I was
*very* disappointed with it initally, but I realized a realistic design would
be far too heavy to support, and those little motors would be useless.

-Ben Ridout