 Star Wars / 5701
  RE: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

<snip>That's because in Europe (Eastern Europe at least) kids mature earlier. At age 14 or 15 they already have to pick what they want to do with their life, whether to go to middle school or job training. By the time they're 18, they can speak at (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

(...) What I wrote are facts and not my own imagination so don't tell me to shut up. You may be an exception but in general, there is less expected out of kids that live in the US than out of kids that live in Europe. What you wrote in your last (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

Jezek, you are stereotyping and generalizing Americans FAR too much here. I would believe that one as educated as yourself would not fall into this trap. "/rant" Please continue additional discussion in lugnet.off-topic.debate Thanks, -Jon (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

<snip> What I wrote are facts and not my own imagination so don't tell me to shut up. You may be an exception but in general, there is less expected out of kids that live in the US than out of kids that live in Europe. What you wrote in your last (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

People, I have something to say in lugent.off-topic.debate about this. Please move there to see it. Thanx, KDJ ___...___ Kyle D. Jackson Windsor, Ontario, Canada ___...___ (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

(...) This is becoming rather a silly thread. The simple fact is that Lego put a lower 'age' on the Mindstorm sets in Germany. The reason, also simple. They are as most companies, worried about product liability suits in the US, so put a very (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)