 Star Wars / 5638
  Re: Newbie (to the group) Question

Jon, (...) May I be the first to say welcome to the collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :) Anyway, Anakin Podracer is almost identical in terms of the podracer itself. The one in 7171 has more minifigs, etc. (...) My guess is (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Newbie (to the group) Question

(...) Hey Jon! Welcome . . . . As far as Anakin's pod being in both the larger 7171 and it's own box: I understand the fact that they would put Anakin's pod in a small set for all the kids that want a model of the hero without paying for two other, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Newbie (to the group) Question

(...) Well, it seems TLG (TLC, LG, LC, etc.) marketing department is so far out of loop on everything, the only sense that this makes is that it makes NO sense. Scott "Yes, I have more fireman, policeman, RES-Q workers, public servants, etc. than I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Newbie (to the group) Question

(...) Maybe they figured if Anikan's racer wasn't included in the big set, no one would buy it? And they needed the smaller set to balance out the product line (from a marketing sense). I think TLC set designers got bit by the time crunch of getting (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)