 Star Wars / 5638
Re: Newbie (to the group) Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:27:01 GMT

Jon,

Jon Theys wrote:

First off, lemme say I LOVE SW and the SW Legos.  I've been gettin' 'em all.
Except 1 set.  Anakin's Podracer.  From what I could tell, it was identical
to the one in the big box of 3 podracers.  Am I right?  If not, I guess I
better go grab it...

May I be the first to say welcome to the collective. Resistance is
futile. You will be assimilated. :)

Anyway, Anakin Podracer is almost identical in terms of the podracer
itself. The one in 7171 has more minifigs, etc.

I always wondered why Lego made that a separate set AND included it in the
podrace set.  Seemed kinda odd to me.  I woulda much rather had something
else (grandstand and minifigs, announcer's booth and minifigs, a different
pod) in the set than Anakin's pod, which was it's own set.

My guess is that Anakin, being the "star" of EP1, having the separate
podracer is for the people looking for a cheap alternative to 7171,
especially for kids budgets. 15.00 is a lot better than 89.99, after
all.

Anyway, nice to have you here, kick back, grab some bricks, and enjoy!:)

Scott S.

Thanks!
Jon Theys
Anakin@ou.edu