 Star Wars / 5219
Re: What would a lego stormtrooper be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:02:17 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:

Karl Martinson wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Wilson writes:
What would a lego stormtrooper be?
Lets see:
black hips (or white hips I am not sure)
I vote for black hips.

I'll guess black as well.

I'd vote for white with black printing, now that TLG has shown they're willing to
print on the waistline.

white legs
white arms

The legs would optimally have some printing.

black (or white) hands
I'd say black hands.

This one's harder, but I think black again.  The Speeder Bike pilots had black
hands, and I think they had the same type of gloves as the stormtroopers.

Same here.  Printed arms and hands are just too much to hope for.

a black head

Might reuse the speeder bike pilot head.

I can see this being used for the AT-AT driver, AT-ST driver, TIE pilot, and (hope
beyond hope!) the Death Star Technician/Star Destroyer Tech with the cool steel bike
helmet thing (you know the ones!)--but not Stormtroopers.  I don't see them having
open eyeholes on Stormtroopers' helmets, so they could use a generic,
straight-expressioned head (or give you black or grey head pieces and suggest you
use Luke heads!).

a new piece for the helment
a printed, white torso
and mablie a blaster piece.
No, I don't think that there's ever gonna be a REAL gun in the star wars line.

It'll probably be the same 'rifle' that the rebel trooper is carrying in the
Snowspeeder set.  (Heck, that piece has worked fine as a laser rifle for me
since the days of Classic Space...)

Nah, Stormtroopers don't carry those things.  A Snowtrooper might (we can hope for
this one!) but not a Stormtrooper--I'll vote for the little Jawa gun thing as a good
blaster.

As for packaging, I could see them putting two or three in a five-fig pack, probably
with an officer and some other fig (probably another Luke, argh!).  I don't think
they'd deviate from the 5 or 6 figure box set model of the past, though.

best,

Lindsay