 Star Wars / 481
Re: Darth Vader or Spaceballs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 19:02:11 GMT

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:35:39 GMT, Tyler Lund <tlund@ilan.net> wrote:

This brings up a question I had nagging me. This may be obvious to
everyone
else, so bear with me. In looking at the pictures from the Lego site, it
seems that the Darth Vader and Scout Trooper heads are one piece. ie
they are not just a helmet that fits over a standard minifig head,
rather they are a brand new head piece. Thus making the above idea very
difficult if not impossible. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

No, it appears that the helmets are separate, and there are
regular-shaped minifigs heads lurking behind the masks.

In the 1999 in-box catalog, there is a picture (on page 9) where a snow
trooper's helmet is slightly askew, and a band of yellow plastic is
visible along the edge of the eye-area.

Likewise, on page 36 (the back cover), the neck area of a gray minifig
head can be seen underneath Darth Vader's helmet.  The color (but not
the shape) can be made out more clearly at
<http://www.lego.com/starwars/>.  Go through the login and click into
characters, then click Darth Vader to see the picture. (I'm sure there's
a direct link to the .jpg, but I don't know what it is.)

Steve