 Star Wars / 480
Re: Darth Vader or Spaceballs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:51:25 GMT

Ahh... Relativity, a wonderful thing.

A black hole with a large number of solar masses might allow a sight line
between the two of us if our relativistic velocities are the same. Stephen
Hawking theorizes that large black holes at the center of the galaxy would have
nebulous event horizons, since gravity is inversely proportional to the distance
from the object in question, the pull of a very large singularities' gravity at
the rim of the event horizon would be noticeable but your ship and body would
not be torn apart as with a small singularity in which the difference in gravity
between your head and feet would pull you apart. Of course this black hole would
have to be immense. I still do not want to meet a singularity.

Justin M. Kopp wrote:

scank wrote:

--
See you over the event horizon,

                        James

P.S. Beware of naked singularities.

just wondering about your sig....once we go "over" the event horizon, or rather beyond
it, i can assure you that you will *not* see me, sorry. and i am definately terrified
of naked singularities..hehe :-)

--justin