 Star Wars / 4735
Re: My MOC A-Wing and E-Web
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 00:50:57 GMT

John J. Ladasky Jr. wrote in message <383F7781.2CA48C3B@my-deja.com>...

Derek Schin wrote:

A-Wing:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/9639/awing.html

What is the origin of those pieces that look like skis?

Not to be flippant, but, uh, they're skis...

Anyway, there are a couple of Star Wars sets that have this particular
piece--the X-Wing has one in grey, while the Speeder Bike set has four in
dark grey.  Also, the piece has been around for a while; I have quite a few
from various town sets (including an actual snowmobile set from sometime
this decade).  Finally, the ski piece was available in trans-orange from the
Ice Planet sets.

As you mentioned, the landing gear is very hard to miniaturize.  I'd love to
see other's solutions to the problem.

:Derek