 Star Wars / 4710
Re: My MOC A-Wing and E-Web
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:26:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Derek Schin writes:
Okay, even though I was too lazy to get these pictures taken in time to
enter them in the contest, at least I got them up before LEGO released their
own A-Wing.  There are quite a few pictures here, and I think I should
probably make them a bit smaller, since they're jpegs and seem to take a
while to load.  Anyway, the links are as follows:

A-Wing:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/9639/awing.html

Imperial E-Web Heavy Blaster:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/9639/eweb.html

And finally, even though it's not Star Wars related:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/9639/cartman.html

Let me know what you think.

I like your models alot.  I especially like the E-web.  The A-Wing is nice too
I think your solution for the vector controls is quite inventive.  Also is that
tan or yellow you used for Cartman?  If it is tan where did you ever get that
much tan?

In terms of the Web pages themselves you are right in that you need to get the
page load times lower.  Here are a couple of things to try.

1.  Save them at a lower resolution.  This will reduce the size of the files
and the change to the viewer sould be minimal.

2.  Use thumbnails.  Create small versions of you pictures and link to the
larger pictures.  That way the page will load faster and when people look at
the larger pic's then only one will load at a time.

Just some thoughts.  Nice models.

Eric K

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/