 Star Wars / 4693
4692  |  4694
Subject:
40% scale MF (was: MF, 2 abreast yes or no?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:40:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jesse Long writes:
Has anyone else noticed that although the MF may be quite small given the
internal dimensions, it might be fairly close given the original outside
dimensions?  For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, the
full-scale model of the MF used in the movies is too small for all the
inside sets to fit in properly (this is pretty heavy SW geek stuff).
There's a really cool page about it out there too, but I can't remember
where it is.  Anyway, when Han is making repairs in TESB and yells at Chewie
in the cockpit, you can see that Chewie barely fits.  Has anyone done the
math for the Lego MF and the original outer dimensions?  It could be fairly
close, considering the possible 40% size difference between the two.

wow, this is a really good point!  You are probably right... the
scale does seem to be off the same amount as the large scale model!
Too bad there won't be any "interior set" sets  :)

BTW the page you are referencing is called The Ship Of Riddles.
It is an amazing page, and everyone who likes the Millenium Falcon
at all should check it out.  It literally saved my Lego Falcon design.

http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/mf/falcon.htm

Cheers!
Joel Kuester