 Star Wars / 4630
Re: About Blasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:17:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Wilson writes:

Also the small
blaster used by han etc looks similar to one of those pistols where you
move the whole top part of the gun to reset it or whatever.

Uh... you mean an automatic pistol?

Anyway, Han's gun was very consciously modeled on a German "Broomhandle" Mauser
from the 40's.  The Stormtroopers' rifles were designed to be evocative of
(surprise suprise) Nazi Stormtrooper machine guns.

But I don't buy that as a viable reason why they aren't making them.  It would
be easy enough for them to play up the features that look sci-fi and play down
the features that look like real guns.  And they already have incredibly
modern-looking weapons in the Wild West sets.

I think they're just trying to keep the number of new molds per year down.
We'll get them eventually, and then (I promise) they'll be
backwards-compatable.  Ah, the beauty of LEGO.

eric