 Star Wars / 4519
Re: Age average
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:50:46 GMT

In lugnet.people, Eric Kingsley wrote:

Great referance I suppose I would have only been zapped recently.  I guess the
sad thing is that most of the JrFOLs participating in this thread have probably
never even heard of Logan's Run.

If you have not seen it you should rent it is one of the better early Sci-fi
films and really a break through movie.  Don't expect great special effects but
it is a great movie.

Better yet, read it.  It's a short novel, skinny by today's standards.  Although
the basic premise is the same, the details vary greatly between the book and the
movie.  In the book, the culture isn't limited to a few domed cities, it's the
entire planet.  And Logan doesn't take down the system, he escapes it.

Heck, even the comic series was pretty good (although it might a little
hard-to-find).  Of course, the comic book has most of the sex taken out.  Then
again, so does the movie.

And remember, _Logan's Run_ (the movie) was released the year *before* Star
Wars, so it existed in the vast S.F. movie wasteland known as the mid-70's.
Just to put things in a(n) historical perspective.

Steve