 Star Wars / 3941
RE: SCAN OF SLAVE 1 on my website now!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:44:59 GMT

Martin Tuck has done the honours again...

http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego

But, I think you'll be dissapointed.

Sadly yes - I had hoped for something 3D like for the carbonite thingy - not
just a print on top of a brick.

About the size - well - please note that the picture is made out of a
smaller pic of the Slave 1 and a larger of Boba Fett - the scale does not
fit - but a simple count of Lego 'tops' can make you figure out the size of
if compared to the 'real' one from the movie - my 2xCD-ROM 'Behind the
Magic' says Slave 1 is 21,5 meters long - from what I can see on the pic -
and knowing a minifig is 5 tops/lego units tall - let's say that has to be
compared to a 1,9 in real life (now I'm being kind) - there is NO way that
ship has the right scale - sadly :( - let's not hope The Millennium Falcon
turns out the same way - uhhhh no :( (in 'real life' it's 26,5 meters long -
now compare that to what the 21,5 meters of Slave 1 has turned into....)

The Kaadus look pretty good though.

Well - the first thing I thought was Duplo.

Lego is REALLY disappointing me here - I still plan to go to Legoland
Billund next weekend (with a unrealistic hope for that they might have a few
of the new sets in their shop ;-)

regards

Jesper
mailto:jesperkj@vip.cybercity.dk

PS I hope you get the meaning of my word tops/lego units - if someone would
please let me - a simple Dane - know what you call it in English?