 Star Wars / 3657
Re: Star Wars LEGO promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:45:51 GMT

The first set was the press kit send out earlier this year for the NY toy fair.
Only press types got a copy and was as you described with the sound chip
playing the familiar theme.  This was for the launch of the line at the toy
show.  One such set did come up on ebay and went for somewhere around the $200
or more range several months ago.  This is where I got the information and saw
pictures of the set.

In lugnet.starwars, Jamie Hickey writes:
I'm looking for the Star Wars promo sets. I know of there being 2 and not sure
of any others that might be floatng around. If you have one and would like to
sell it or have detials in more please E-mail me. Address below!

Here are details of the 2 I know of:

The first is a small "set" that comes with Luke "Jedi" and Darth Vader • fighting
on some steps (Death Star setting from ROTJ). The box measures roughly 5"
across, 4" high, and 2" deep. I've been told there is a sound chip that plays • a
short Star Wars theme. On the front of the box therre is a flap or cover that
folds down to reveal the "set", the cover or flap also reads "Star Wars and
LEGO building a new galaxy in 1999". I'm not if it says 1999 or 99'.

The second I just learned of the other day and really know very little about.
From what I've been told it comes with Luke "Jedi and X-Wing". I know nothing
of the packaging or anything else about it for that matter.

Please let me know if there are any others or if you have any details on • second
"set" that I mentioned. Also if you would like to sell one.

I already have the Denver Con Brick.

My E-Mail address is jamie1123@webtv.net

Please let me know what you have!