 Star Wars / 3620
Re: Star Wars LEGO promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:29:50 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jamie Hickey writes:
I'm looking for the Star Wars promo sets. I know of there being 2 and not sure
of any others that might be floatng around. If you have one and would like to
sell it or have detials in more please E-mail me. Address below!

<snipped descriptions of sets>

Are you sure these are promo sets?  From what I gather, "promo set" is used
around here to describe sets available to the public, but available through
different channels (ie: McD's happy meals, shell stores, order from Tine Dairy,
that kind of thing).

It sounds to me like what you're describing is more like a shop display, or
retailer-only product, or perhaps a toy fair display.  Is that more accurate?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/