 Star Wars / 3563
Re: Craig's minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:00:12 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jonas Marcho writes:
Thanks for the tip, Craig. Yeah, I am trying to make a few unique faces and
torsos for minifigs of my friends. I am also trying to make some pumpkins for
October that will be set up for my Legoville's 'Halloween Festival'. Was the
pumpkin you did a tough one?

~yeah,it was alittle tough, so i let it ripen on the vine a while.;-) i used
acrylic for the first time on the pumpkin. the ename paint pen orange was way
off from lego orange, and i wanted a good match. i painted three very thin
smooth coats, with plenty of drying time under a 60 watt bulb.i used the x-acto
to carefully remove (scrape away) the paint from the peg on top. paint doesn't
work well on pegs or other attatching pieces. the fit is too wonderfully
precise! then i drew the face on with the black micron pen, using the skeleton
face as a guide, and changing the circle eyes to triangles. the black cat is a
painted white kitty from #6326~town folks, as is ALIEN's jones (orange acrylic,
again). speakng off mini-figs of friends, i've also done an orange-tipped
burman kitty (that's my cat,ELROD) as well as a siamese, that will debut on the
site at some point. these cat elements are good to paint as the connection on
the bottom can remain unpainted. hats and wigs take paint well too for this
reason.
later ~ craig