 Star Wars / 3554
Re: Craig's minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 02:43:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jonas Marcho writes:
Craig, what kind of paint did you use and where can I get some of it?
jonas ~
i use marvy/ uchida brand opaque enamel paint pens for torsos. i'm trying out
hunt speedball brand of enamel paint pens now, and they are working quite
nicely too. i got them at wal-mart, of course.:-) i've found design master
brand spraypaints (available at crafts stores, like michael's) work best for
changing the color of an element. i use a .oo5 micron pen for details in black.
an x-acto knife is also used for getting nice crisp lines. it's a strange
technique, but it works ok.

i want to add a detailed tips & techniques page to craigo-lego at some point,
with maybe a step-by-step series with pics on how i make the "bootleg bodice
babes".

i've relized recently too, that good coat of enamel paint can give new life to
an old chewed or badly scratched piece.

later ~ craig