 Star Wars / 3553
  Re: Craig's minifigs

Craig, what kind of paint did you use and where can I get some of it? (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Craig's minifigs

(...) jonas ~ i use marvy/ uchida brand opaque enamel paint pens for torsos. i'm trying out hunt speedball brand of enamel paint pens now, and they are working quite nicely too. i got them at wal-mart, of course.:-) i've found design master brand (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Craig's minifigs

Thanks for the tip, Craig. Yeah, I am trying to make a few unique faces and torsos for minifigs of my friends. I am also trying to make some pumpkins for October that will be set up for my Legoville's 'Halloween Festival'. Was the pumpkin you did a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Craig's minifigs

(...) ~yeah,it was alittle tough, so i let it ripen on the vine a while.;-) i used acrylic for the first time on the pumpkin. the ename paint pen orange was way off from lego orange, and i wanted a good match. i painted three very thin smooth coats, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Craig's minifigs

Thanks for the tips, Craig. I'm going to Wally World tonight to pick up some of the supplies needed for the task at hand. PS, did you see the Fall 1999 Catalog? There's a special edition Lego McDonalds! (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Craig's minifigs

One more thing, Craig. What kind of material do you use for your cloaks? (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Craig's minifigs

(...) ~ any 120 or more thread count fabric will work if you have wide clear packing tape. cut strips slightly wider than the tape, carefully adhere the tape to the pressed fabric... and voila ~ it can now be cut without fraying. trace the cape (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Craig's minifigs

(...) Just a suggestion: packing tape adhesive goes icky after a while, and a more long-lasting fray-preventer and stabiliser would be the iron-on backings used in dressmaking (called "interfacing") or specifically for applique (might be called (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)