 Star Wars / 3478
Re: Finally done !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:59:27 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John VanZwieten writes:
Excellent!
Things I really liked:
Use of "off-color" plates on the hull.
The hyperdrive looks great with all that tr. blue.
Your method for opening in the middle.  Do 6 peg-hole combos really hold that
thing together?  If you hold it from just the back, will the front fall off?

It was ok with a 4 peg-hole combo but the you could see a gap. The 6 peg is
very strong but I must admit, I never tried to hold just the back. I´ll give
it a try tonight...

If
so, how many times did this happen while you were building?

Actually, this was the very last thing I implemented. I started building the
cockpit and an outline. Then followed the "middle" part with the laser cannons
and the landing gear mechanics. I played with the details first and tried to
fit the hull around them later.

The cockpit is nice as a "low tech" solution.
All those crater baseplates are making me drool :-)

This weekend are to big fleamarkets around here. I´ll go and have a look... ;o)

Any estimate on the piece count?

By the time I read about the last falcon´s estimate piece count, it was
already to late. But I´ll try a guess...

-John Van

Ralph