 Star Wars / 3425
Re: I Can't Spell
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:49:41 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Daniel Train writes:
Hi everybody. I'm glad you like my site and I'm sorry I can't spell fortune. I
thought I'd talk about my plans for the future. Never fear; my Episode I
section will soon be here! Plus more classic minifigs and updated starfighters!

It seems to me that the best things in the new film to build are those funky
podracers. I have the podracer set to get me started. The main problem is, or
rather was, getting detailed schematics of the lesser known pods. This was
solved when I got a demo of the new game Star Wars Episode I Racer which has
all the pods and an 'inspect pod' bit where you can look all round any of them
in full 3D. I am working on my favourite - Teemto Pagalies' pod. I've got the
engines sorted but if anyone has any ideas about making the weird circular
cockpit I'd like to hear them.

An AAT is a possibility but I haven't got much of the new sandy coloured lego.
I had enough trouble trying to find enough to make a desert skiff! Oh well. If
you have a lot why not have a go? There's a brilliant diagram in the cross
sections book.

As for minifigs, I'm gonna have fun trying to make some of the queen's dresses
out of paper! On my list are Panaka, a Naboo royal security force bloke, the
Queen, Ric Olie, C-3PO (no gold this time) and Shimi Skywalker. I'm thinking
about some Nemodians but I need ideas.

I might make a technic bloke scale Destroyer Droid, as all my minifig scale
attemps have failed.

As for the classic trilogy, Admiral Piett, A TIE Pilot and Emperor palpatine
are in the works. Palpatine will double up as Darth Sidious for my Episode I
section, only on a cool walking holo-projector.

If you have any ideas for models from Episode I or the classic trilogy, please

-Dan
Sounds very groovy to me. I have a suggestion though, on the topic of minifigs:
If you are scanning in pictures of the minifigs, why not scan the actual
minifigs themselves? I do this and it ususally works very well. This way, you
don't have to worry about blurry photos. If you are using a digital camera it
may be another story, though.
Greg "http://www.zianet.com/area51/mst3k/813/obi_wan.wav" Majewski
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/