 Star Wars / 3078
Re: Star Wars vs Titanic (humour)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:00:12 GMT

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999 01:23:05 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:42:43 GMT, "James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com>
wrote:

I don't typically forward the humour spam that migrates through my in-box, but
remembering the recent SW/Titanic threads a couple weeks ago, this caught my
attention:

Those were good!  Thanks.  :-)

BTW, I just read about SW's "Fan Day" - the grassroots effort to get people to
go see SW-EP1 TPM "as many times as you can stand".   It is an effort to push
the movies ticket sales past Titanic's.

Seems to me that if fans have to mobilize to try to catch the leader, it is
doubtful if it will.  (according to the report, TPM was in 11th place)

Geez.  TPM has been out for a month, and it's already the 11th top-grossing
movie?  Wow.  I realize movies (especially these days) have a short
life-span in theaters, but that's still a very good position, IMO.

But probably not good enough to overcome Titanic.

Steve