 Star Wars / 3070
Re: Star Wars vs Titanic (humour)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 13:54:59 GMT

BTW, I just read about SW's "Fan Day" - the grassroots effort to get people to
go see SW-EP1 TPM "as many times as you can stand".   It is an effort to push
the movies ticket sales past Titanic's.

Seems to me that if fans have to mobilize to try to catch the leader, it is
doubtful if it will.  (according to the report, TPM was in 11th place)

At any rate, I saw it again (4th time) yesterday.  Maybe I will answer the call
and see it again on Saturday.  Nothing like a lost cause.....

-- Terry K --

I think that SW has a good chance of breaking the 600M mark of Titanic.  SW hit
the half way mark in 28 days, where the boat movie took 44 days.  In the 16
days that make up the difference SW should get to about 400M.  Then there is
the rest of the summer and beyond (200 days?) for SW to pick up an avg of 1M a
day.  Check out the race at:

http://the-numbers.com/movies/1999/STRWR.html
The updates are a few days old, but it is still fun to follow!

Pat J