 Star Wars / 2457
2456  |  2458
Subject:
How to race Pod Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 20:39:46 GMT

Okay, I have a Mindstorms at work and I haven't cracked it open yet but
I've got this idea...

What if you built towers with directional lights on them.
Then built a "sled" for each pod racer with the RCX on board and a light
sensor on the left.
Program the RCX to make a 90 (or 180) degree turn whenever the light
sensor detects the lights on the tower.
Mount the Racer on the sled, position the towers at the corners and let
'em rip.

I imagine the pods will roll, turn at the towers and continue to roll
all the way around whatever circuit you construct.

You could also mount a light sensor on either side and have the sled
turn toward whatever light sensor gets light.

Now I've got something else to build at work!

SteveC
http://www.erols.com/litehous/index.html