 Star Wars / 2403
  Hi all, back from vacation (SW Design Contest)

I just made it back! I'll go through all the ideas put forth and come up with a page describing the contest. Lots of responses, so give me some time. Thanks all! Pat J (25 years ago, 23-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hi all, back from vacation (SW Design Contest)

(...) For anyone that may not have noticed. There is also a TLG sponsored design contest. I just picked up a form at my local Toys R Us. They don't exclude people over the age of 16, instead they provided a specific catagory for Adults. Who ever (...) (25 years ago, 23-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hi all, back from vacation (SW Design Contest)

Picked up the entry form a couple of days ago. And yes, I am planning on entering my Millennium Falcon. Of course it will be difficult to capture all it's glory with a single photograph. It's the guts of the thing that, in my opinion, make it pretty (...) (25 years ago, 23-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hi all, back from vacation (SW Design Contest)

Ben, Something to consider too, 60% of the decision is based on creativity/originality, only 40% on the engineering. That makes me think they are going to lean towards orginal designs, not models of existing Starwars ships. I'm going to submit my (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hi all, back from vacation (SW Design Contest)

(...) Be sure to send a thorough description of all the functions, and a link to your webpage. Steve (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hi all, back from vacation (SW Design Contest)

(...) The weird thing is that for the kids, an essay (50 words?) must be submitted, but for the over 17 crowd, an essay is *not* supposed to be submitted. Jeff (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hi all, back from vacation (SW Design Contest)

(...) 50 words is more like half a paragraph than an essay! Not much you can say in so few words. Maybe they don't want anything too long from the over 17's, so they just scrapped the essay altogether. Could someone post the complete contest (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)