 Star Wars / 2283
Re: A-Wing and B-Wing Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 10:43:07 GMT

Terry K wrote in message <373f7342.5790652@lugnet.com>...
On Sun, 16 May 1999 23:56:20 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com> • wrote:

Hello!  Does anyone know what the landing gear of an A-Wing looks like? • What
about a B-Wing's landing gear?  Finally, Does anyone know what the length • of an
A-Wing is (in meters).  Thanks!

Jeff

Don't know about an A-Wing, but I recall seeing that the B-Wing was • hangered in
a ships bay on racks, mounted vertically.  In a similar manner to tie • fighters.
So it may not have any actual landing gear.

-- Terry K --

I remember the same from a picture of a modified carrier ship (from a
freighter) used at Ssruvvik(?) invasion (war around Bakura?), but can't
recall its name.

But, it had several types of rebel fighters (X-wing and A-wing at least,
besides B-wing), and at least 6 from those types was also hanging from the
upper racks. The ship had 20 fighters, if I remember correctly, and only 4
of them was B-wings. 10 of them were placed on landing bay's floor, and
other 10 was hanging from the ceiling. So I hanging from a rack doesn't mean
that the fighter don't have landing gears, IMHO.

But if a B-wing would have landing gears, they should be placed differently
since its cruise arrangement is very different from its combat arrangement.
It flies as a "flying wing" , both smaller airfoils closed over/under the
main wing/foil, and the main foil is horizontal when flying, (not vertical
as in combat) with cockpit is placed its left (from looking of its back). So
the possible landing gear arrangement places could be cockpit pod, engine
nacelles, and bottom weapons pod.

Selçuk