 Star Wars / 2270
Re: Star Wars Lego Design Contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 17:18:46 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Karim Nassar writes:
Pat Justison wrote:

I'm thinking of sponsoring a Star Wars Lego Design contest.

Great Idea... I was thinking of doing this myself, but I would have wanted to • enter it :-)  I have a couple of ideas, though:

1) Wait until the current batch of new SW parts have been modeled in LDraw. • That way, people who wish to submit electronically wont be at a
disadvantage.

2) Have different Catagories and Qualifications.  For example:

Best Original Model of an Official (ie: cannon) SW Object
Best Redesign of an Official LEGO SW Model
Best Original SW-Themed Model

Anyway, good idea!

--Karim

What about Large, medium, and small categories?  Unless they're separate, a
Millenium Falcon will beat out even the Best designed smaller vehicle almost
every time.  I want my stuff to have a fighting chance!  ;)  Also, how about
the best SW Scene?  It could be from a specific or general scene.

Jeff