 Star Wars / 2218
  Re: Sith Infiltrator

(...) I think everyone realizes the scale and detail limitations of LEGO. A lot of accurate details would make for sets that contain a lot of special pieces that have limited use and increase price, vide infra. If a Millenium Falcon were done on (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sith Infiltrator

(...) I don't think TLG is paying LFL per piece -- I'd guess they are paying either a flat rate, or a percent of the profits. As for the ownership of whatever, I'd guess LFL owns the likenesses of the characters, devices, and vehicles. TLG probably (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sith Infiltrator

(...) Percent of the gross sales I'll bet. (...) I agree that it is not strictly a penny per piece arrangement, and I agree that LEGO probably owns the desings to the actual minifigs, the 2x2 slopes, the R2 head and body, and LFL probably owns the (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sith Infiltrator

TLG paid Lucas a $50 million licensing fee. (...) LEGO (...) designs (...) fee (...) the (...) the (...) over (...) (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sith Infiltrator

(...) Can I advance another possibility? This is the first time in a while that Lego has had to render an object faithfully as possible-- barring Model Team and Technic, obviously-- so they were put into the same constraints as most of the AFOLs (...) (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)