 Star Wars / 17990
Re: Yellow or Flesh?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:11:47 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Andrew Kochan wrote:
I don't get this whole flesh minifig licensing crap.  But regardless, I am
even more confused by what sets have what color minifigs.

The color changes all started in 2004.  Greys became bleys, brown became
reddish-brown, and yellow licensed minifigs became fleshies.  There is no "which
sets" anymore.  If it's Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or any other licensed
property, it should have fleshies.  If it's an original LEGO theme like Space
Police 3 or Atlantis, it should have yellow minifigs.  Always.

A number of Star Wars sets, both in pictures on the Lego site now, and in
Brickshelf, Peeron, etc pictures seem to have flesh colored minifigs where
the exact same set I own has them in Yellow.  This even includes some of the
most recently released sets from late 2009/2010 such as:
8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack
8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack
7749 Echo Base
8038 Battle of Endor

If you got any of these sets with yellow minifigs, either you got a weird set of
production errors, or you need to recheck them all under better lighting.  Since
these sets have all been released post-2004, they are all fleshie sets.

I do not recall if I saw yellow in the Lego.com pictures at the time of
purchase or if I just didn't look assuming they would be yellow.

Sometimes pictures do still get out showing yellow minifigs, but in those cases
they are all preliminary photos where they use whatever happens to be available.
Similar instances include when they used Patrick's torso from Spongebob for the
bare-chested mechanic that would be included in the Flying Wing set for the
Indiana Jones line.  Patrick has three red spots on his torso, which led
everyone to wonder what the heck was up with the mechanic's nipples, especially
since none of those three dots were located anywhere near where they should be
on a male body (better choice there would have been for them to pop the arms off
and flip the torso around for shots showing the mechanic from the front).