 Star Wars / 17756
Re: My LUGNET page (with MOC's)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:53:15 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, David van Oorsouw wrote:
   Hello everyone,

This whole vast LEGO community is new to me, I only recently discovered it! I thought it might be time to properly introduce myself, and to do so, I created a page here on LUGNET.

Welcome, David!

   Also, I intend to keep a log of all my creations here. I noticed, however, that a lot of people do this on other sites. If LUGNET isn’t the right place to do this, please do tell me!

LUGNET is the perfect place for that! You are in good company:-)

   Anyway, my LUGNET page now has most of my MOC’s on it, they’re pretty much all Star Wars-themed space vehicles. The link is:

http://www.lugnet.com/~3249

You have some very nice creations there, David. My suggestion to you would be to check out Ldraw where you can learn to render those babies in POV-Ray and really make those MOCs pop. I mean, wow, check these out!

Good luck, and again, welcome to the LUGNET community!

JOHN

Thanks for your reply, John!

Those pics look awesome, indeed. I tried rendering with POV-ray a bit, but I never got results looking that good! The best results I got using POV-Ray are these. I’d love to get the transparants in my scenes as lucid as the ones in the pics you showed me. And also, I can’t seem to get POV-Ray to render colors I added to MLCAD’s pallette - They always show up as “undefined” gray.

I’ve been looking for tutorials I can use, but most of them don’t seem to cover the effects I wish to achieve. Got any recomendations?

David