 Star Wars / 17438
Re: Lego Star Wars video game mini models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 22:26:47 GMT

Today I made the "superkit" (the Tantive IV) in real life,
and... well... it's actually kind of crap once you hold it
in your hands.

The model does not hold together very well, and doesn't
stand on its feet. I had to make a slight mod just to
make it stay together. It is quite obvious that this
is designed more for good looks in the game than to be
an actual build experience. But it *is* possible to build
it, and that alone is a very nice bonus with this game!

Images and an LDR file are in the same place as the I-1 kit,
which was a lot more fun to build:

http://www.itn.liu.se/~stegu/lego/swgame/IRL/

I had to do some color replacement in the physical model,
because I had no white 3x3x2 white cones, no white 2x2-2x2
bracket and not enough of red 2x2 round plates. Also, all
my white Technic 1/2 pins were busy elsewhere.

Like I said, this model is a bit shoddy in real life, it's
nowhere near as nice as the first model (I-1) to build.