 Star Wars / 17400
Re: The Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 12:56:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Matt DeLanoy wrote:
   I have just recently finished (or nearly finished - they’re never done...) my largest MOC ever. It’s taken me over a year to complete, and this version is actually the second attempt (the original was smaller and much less sturdy). My original goal was to create a Falcon which would be approximately scaled to minifig size. I created a cockpit which could comfortably seat four figs, and scaled the ship accordingly.

The gallery for the new Millenium Falcon can be found here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=129982

I would not say it’s completely ‘finished’. Some time from now, I will probably go over the hull and add all the needed greebly bits, and perhaps work on some of the coloration as well. However, as it stands now, I’m content with the size and shape of the ship and don’t plan on adding many more structural features.

I look foward to any comments and/or suggestions, and I hope I’ll be able to stick around Lugnet for real this time. :)

Matt,

This was a pleasure to see in person.

I really like the use of clear thinwalls on the medium blue plates for the engine. In the front, the recessed greeble areas are very nice. I noticed that the side hatches are not functional, was there a reason for this?

So when does it get an interior? ;)

Jason Spears | BrickShelf Gallery | MichLUG | CLB