 Star Wars / 17254
Re: Thats no moon!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:49:33 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Simon Maxwell wrote:
It's a shame that LEGO goofed and made the Death Star and mini Executor at two
different scales. The second Death Star is not 160 km in diameter, as the
model's label states. It is in fact about 900 km in diameter.

Well, not that it was a goof. Cuz, really, an executor in that scale would be a
dot or something. There's just no point. I think they made it as small as
possible while still being able to see what it was. Heh, I suppose really it's a
shame that ESB and ROTJ goofed and made the Death Star and Executors different
sizes :) IIRC there were a whole bunch of viable scales for each, depending on
what source you use, which scene you extrapolate with, etc.

DaveE