 Star Wars / 15309
Re: Newest lighting mod: the Emperor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 05:11:06 GMT

"Aaron West" <blacktron@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:H9psro.BC6@lugnet.com...
Rob Hendrix,
I am impressed!
I bow to you, those are some of the coolest minifigure customs I have ever
seen!!!!!!!!!!!!
If only you could mass-produce those lighted sets/minifigures.  I may have
to break down and buy one or two from you and see your handy work up • close.
That looks like a hobby with a lot of potential, and pain!
Truly, you belong in the Coolest Mods Hall Of Fame.

Many humbled thanks for your kind words Aaron!.  I thought my mods were
cool, but never expected quite a reply as yours.  Compliments like those
make the whole hobby worth-while (as if it needed another excuse!!).

Can you produce the same effect on minifigure eyes, lighted chest elements
or other "supernatural" apparel?  This would work great for Justice League
or X-Men minifigures, or lighted Space visors (as seen in Alien), or • Castle
themes like Archers with flaming arrows!!!!!!  Can you link multiple
characters to a single battery box??

I've actually been trying to works out the details of lighting eyes and
other items.  My test subject will probably be Ogel (from Alpha Team) or
C3P0.  The space helmet visor is a great idea though!  As for putting more
than one minifig on a battery box, of course you can!  I even add
electronics inside the minifigs so you can put them facing either way.
Thats what takes up most of the time I spend on these mods.  It takes a
little bit of holding your mouth just right to get everything hooked up,
crammed inside the minifig, and working too!

Seriously, I think you'll be seeing a lot of requests for custom work with • a
little well placed advertising here.

Keep the lights on for us!!
-Aaron-

Thanks again Aaron for "brightening" my day.  There will definitely be more
mods coming, so I'll keep everyone posted!

-Rob