 Star Wars / 15265
Re: Dagobah Encounter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:15:48 GMT

Jeff,

  Lame. Exploiting Lego pieces to justify your Habro diorama being
posted here.

This is not the first action figure diorama that I’ve posted here and the
previous ones didn’t even have any Lego pieces used. So I did not exploit
the Lego pieces as you mentioned so that I can post my work here. Also this
is Star Wars related and if you’ve been reading the posts in here, not
everything relates to Lego per se but they’re Star Wars related.

I'll bet this creation of yours is posted over at
sirstevesguide.com, as well as others I'm sure. And yet, you feel
the need to post it here...as well as other Lego forums(you know
which one I'm referring to/fbtb).

Yes it’s posted at SSG and what’s wrong with that? Not all viewers of LUGNET
go to SSG and vice-versa so this is a way of reaching viewers who otherwise
wouldn’t have realized the existence of the other side. Btw if you check
fbtb, I posted it in the correct forum.

You claim to NOT want to continue making Lego dioramas because
you're not getting the responses you had expected. Oh well! Deal
with it. If that's what makes you decide on whether or not to
create these things, you're doing this for all the wrong reasons.

Correction, in this post  http://news.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=15005 ,I was
lamenting more the fact that there wasn’t much interest in building SW
dioramas plus a few other things that I pointed out in my responses that’s
making me decide not to continue making Lego dioramas as much as we’ve
already done before. As for the responses, it would be nice to get feedback
because that’s how you know whether you’ve got a piece of crap or not. Then
again you take them as they come because it’s a general thing that has been
happening lately with Lugnet about the lack of it and I certainly know how
to deal with it.

I guess you just need your ego stroked 100 times a day to make
youself feel good about what you're doing. Go for it. I myself can't
resist that need every once in awhile. However, you could at least
post things where they REALLY belong.

Maybe that’s true to you but not to me. I do what I do because I like SW and
that certainly shows it on what I’ve been doing in this past couple of
years. Certainly I’ll rethink about posting my future SW works here that
aren’t Lego related in anyway and maybe YOU should reply on every post for
the other members who also have posted topics that don’t have anything to do
about Lego at all. Why make exceptions?

Most people think you make some nice stuff with Lego and Hasbro,
which I would agree with for the most part. In fact, I'll give you
a comment on your stuff right now.

  Lego dioramas - look great, execpt the DeathStar stuff. It
doesn't LOOK very Imperial to me. That's just me though.

  Hasbro - again, looks great. You obviously go all out with detail,
sometimes too much. Darn good job though.

There. You've been critiqued, in more ways than one, AND had
some positive comments about your work. Go pat yourself on your
shoulder, if you haven't already.

Thanks for your compliments and critiques about my works AND hopefully I’ve
managed to answer any misconceptions that you initially had.

Regards,
ACPin & Sons