 Star Wars / 15062
  AT-TE Comments

I just finished building the AT-TE and what a great set. I do have one beef. The two round tiles on either side with the republic logo are not the printed versions of this part but are stickered. Being somewhat of a LEGO purist, I'm not all that (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

(...) One of the best advantages to stickers is the whole option setting. (you're not compelled to apply them in contrast to elements already printed.) In this case, I would prefer lego give the option of both stickers or decals for the model. (I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

I'd prefer those thin plastic overlays that stick to plastic but have no adhesive (I don't know if my descrption is well formed). The major advantage would be that I could remove them with ease and not have to worry about residual adhesive. More (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

(...) You're right, that's a pretty cool idea, tho that is definitely more expensive than paper decals. (...) You can use rubber cement thinner or lighter fluid on a Q-tip to clean the residue. My personal take on the AT-TE, after I built it, was (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

(...) I'm of two minds on that. Printing seems more durable/"real" than stickers. But removable stickers (and the stickers LEGO uses these days certainly *seem* removable, even if they're not intended to be) offer much more versatility to most (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8BE81.E74@lugnet.com... (...) Personally I like the stickers, since they can be removed. I have far too many perfectly good printed parts sitting useless in drawers since space (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

(...) I am a purist as well, and I hate stickers! OTOH, some printed pieces are just useless (like the Alpha Team canopies). I don't have the AT-TE (and I don't plan to, I'm saving up for the Orient sets) but all the pieces with printing and (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Comments

(...) Sure they can be removed but reuse after a while is not really feasable. My main beef is that LEGO included a sticker for a part that already exists in printed form. -Orion (21 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Stickers vs Printing (was AT-TE Comments)

(...) In a way Jennifer I agree with you. except I never get around to applying them... (...) I actually prefer printed pieces. Stickers are better for blocks and larger pieces whereas printing is far better for tiles and slopes. it's not a golden, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)