 Star Wars / 14984
Re: Lando and Mace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:18:30 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Richard Marchetti writes:
As I sit here slightly addled from the evening's festivities (check the date
and hour), I have to wonder how this bit of news is not THEE item of hot
discussion.  I can't believe that TLC finally conceded that mini-yellow
is/was not meant to encompass every colour of skin.  This topic has been the
topic of more than one heated discussion.

I'm not the huge SW fan that some are, but I'd still think that this would
be HUGE news...TLC has no excuse now but to eventually release their own
Lando and Mace -- they could even follow the MOC descriptions offered by the

Of course, a can of worms is now opened as to the precise meaning of
mini-yellow now that we have at least one reasonably naturalistic skin tone
available.  My point is merely that mini-yellow obviously did not encompass
all skin tones; but can it now be assumed to in fact encompass none?

-- Hop-Frog

I wouldn't count on the NBA minifigs setting any precedent.  Note that the
"street basketball" figs are in standard yellow.  The collectors sets are of
real people (and not actors portraying a fictional character).  For those we
have brown and euroflesh (if there is such a word) and no yellow - I had to
see which side of the coin that they applied to Jason Kidd. :-)

At least you can make your own Lando and Mace now (not that you couldn't
before if you accept yellow = all), but I wouldn't count of seeing an
official fig of either of them.  Most likely *ever*.  They are just going to
dodge that controversey unless it becomes more controversial for them to be
avoiding making them.  And less, face it, they are just going to be as quiet
as they can about it and hope no one raises that fuss (just one letter to
some self-serving politician is all it would take, I bet).

As for me?   Arrrrrr, Shaq and Kobe be joining me scurvy band o' pirates!

-->Bruce<--