 Star Wars / 14895
  SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

I got to thinking on a lazy Saturday... 1)I think my favourite part of mecha building is creating the head and 2)I think TLG missed the boat somewhat on their Technic SW figs and 3) I had a lot of small white pieces.... So I made this. I'd like to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

"Stuart Immonen" <stuartNOSPAM@immonen.ca> wrote in message news:H7HA2M.BxL@lugnet.com... (...) That is a really neat idea. I have a strong feeling this could be the start of a fad. On another note imagine how cool it would be if LEGO had made (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

(...) Thanks for the thoughts, Jon. I agree wholeheartedly that TLG would probably do a great job themseves. The (upcoming) SW mini ships indicate a new acceptance of SNOT from them... And I'm going to try and do more myself, but definitely want to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

(...) Stuart, I gotta agree with Jon, minibusts are a great idea. And what a way to start! This looks fantastic. I hope to see more. John (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

This looks excellent....it's like that 2x3 wing nose was made for it. This would be great to see produced - packaged much like the Bionicle masks. And interesting marketing twist would be to sell the pieces for the head, yet the instructions (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

(...) Me too! The trooper's guts are not extraordinarily complicated, but I can imagine that different heads would necessitate different platforms-- I'm very curious to see what people could devise with a 4 stud "baseline" for width. Thanks for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

(...) That's a great idea! Although there's already a precedent for (non-Lego) minibusts to stand on their own-- they're a popular item featuring comic book characters, for instance. Still, it wouldn't be too hard to make a "mecha" or "Bionicle" (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

This is really neat. Not only did you make an amazing creation (uncanny likeness at such a small scale; well done sir!), but you have potentially created a fad. I can see this one booming off like some others. Cool. -Chris Also, gotta agree with Gil (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

Well! One more to fan the fire: (URL) one disappointing factor is that there's no 1x4 tan technic brick-- I used grey. Whee! stuart (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

(...) :^D but you have potentially (...) So far, just me... but after the 25th, who knows? I'd like to see others take on the challenge. (...) I think so, too... (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Tusken Raider

Oooh, nifty. This one's even cooler. I like how there's no brick around the 1x1 eye cylinders - gives a real feel of depth and shadow. And the minifig arms work well in this one. He's done it again! -Chris (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Tusken Raider

oooooohhhhhh!!! The tuskens are my favorite!! I luuuvvvv this! man, instructions would be so kind, so nice, so wonderful. i would love to have one of these to hold in my hand, look at, and scare neighborhood children with. aaahhhh!! thanks for (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Tusken Raider

(...) I'm working on it! i would love to (...) LOL :^D (...) My pleasure. More to come, I hope. stuart (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)