 Star Wars / 14103
Re: MOC: Definitive fig scale Landspeeder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:13:34 GMT

Matt Sekerak wrote:

Nope, I saw this on Brickshelf a few minutes ago, the color scheme is a big
improvement.  TLC used red in an attempt to duplicate the actual rusty color
of the speeder, I'm not too crazy about it.  I'm going to modify mine right
now!  I really like the detail in back...is that where the 1X4 side stud is?

Ah, sorry...should have explained better.  Back there, there are two 1x2
tan bricks w/two technic holes, each one with two small technic pin/stud
parts (I LOVE that combo).  There are actually two 1x4 bricks w/side
studs, one on each side of the model.  Each one holds one of the side
engines and the 2x4 tan plate.  Since it uses that 1x4 piece to hold
them in place and it's very "system-like" and solid, I wish the official
model employed this idea; had, say, small technic beams with pin/stud
adapters been used, thats going a little far for a system set.  We
really need 1x1 and 1x2 bricks w/side studs, so I don't have to use so
many of those technic parts.

Your modifications are great, Josh.  The uniform color and added detail
completely transform an otherwise mediocre set.  If TLC had implemented some
of these features, I would have purchased multiple copies.

Yea, I know...TLCs set was ok/good, but mine just kills it :)  It'd
probably be $8 though, what with the beefier obi-wan (note: it's easy to
get him in without the cape/cloak getting in the way) and more parts for
form/detail.  I hope many are able to modify their stock Landspeeders; I
think with the 2003 stuff the'll be a big tatooine spell :)

--Josh