 Star Wars / 14098
MOC: Definitive fig scale Landspeeder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:27:15 GMT

Hey all.  Yesterday in between heavy dosage of Phantasy Star Online and
looking at Imperial Star Destroyer pictures, I sat down and rehauled -of all
things- my Landspeeder.

Yea, pretty weak, huh?  Really, I shoulda done this two years ago :)  You
may remember me from quite a while back for my "Definitive fig scale
X-Wing".  I have been going a little crazy trying to make "perfect"
models...not too out of hand, but what I feel us AFOLs would have looked
upon as perfect sets for the vehicles they represent (I can say this,
because LEGO hasn't released a place yet, except Naboo Swamp).

So, I am not saying this is THE perfect landspeeder (or X-Wing for that
matter, from before) but rather this is how I'd like sets to look.  It
doesn't have sides that go only halfway up the figs leg when sitting down,
it has actual controls/detail inside, and a windshield that actually
protects some of the riders' head.  This solution could become commonplace
for Landspeeder sides, as it's easy and with few parts...the important part
you can't see in the pics, is a 1x4 brick w/side studs.

Enjoy.  Maybe modifying your Landspeeder set will hold you off an extra 8
minutes for that Star Destroyer.

--Josh