 Star Wars / 13857
  New Syngress Dark Side Mindstorms book!

Syngress have announced a new Mindstorms book covering some alternative models for the Dark Side Developer Mindstorms kit. Due out in September, it's called "10 Cool LEGO Mindstorms Dark Side Robots, Transports, and Creatures". More details at (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Syngress Dark Side Mindstorms book!

Dan, I've seen the models/instruction for the DSD Kit and they are indeed pretty cool. However, contrary to all the author credits, it's not written by the ferrari brothers... It's by kevin clague and a whole bunch of other peopls who's name I'm (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Syngress Dark Side Mindstorms book!

Hi Dan Your site says the author is "Ferrari M.", while the authors are Kevin Clague, Søren Rolighed, Miguel Agullo, Hideaki Yabuki. My brother and I didn't have any role in the 10 Cool LEGO book series (though I'd be proud of having contributed to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Syngress Dark Side Mindstorms book!

(...) I'll try - we get our data from our suppliers, so I have to convince them to change it. They might have trouble with that ø though - not sure if their PICK database can handle extended chars :P My SQL Server won't mind though :) (...) Our (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Syngress Dark Side Mindstorms book!

(...) I'm going to get that fixed, already emailed our data providers. (...) Any idea who the real authors are? Syngress don't have details on their site. If I can get the list I can probably get that corrected too. Dan (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Syngress Dark Side Mindstorms book!

Hmmm..I'm not entirely sure. I'm one of the authors, but that's about as far as I know :) But in terms of teasers: I know Jennifer Clark is part of the project...just don't know which book (might be the UBS). Dr. Soh of Soh Pneumatics fame is also (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Syngress Dark Side Mindstorms book!

Authors on the "10 Cool LEGO Mindstorms Dark Side Robots, Transports, and Creatures" are: Kevin Clague, Soren Rolighed, Miguel Agullo and Hideaki Yabuki. The models include: 1. Super Battle Droid - A 2 legged weight shifting (ankle type) walker 2. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Syngress Dark Side Mindstorms book!

Hi Dean, Thanks for the reivew. Sorry for the long overdue response. (...) Kevin Clague Actually it shifts weight at the knees. (...) Soren Rolighed (...) Kevin Clague (...) Kevin Clague This one has the center of mass close to the center of shift (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics)