 Star Wars / 13849
Re: A different perspective of the SW sets..Original MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:57:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Paul Hanson writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Joseph Kazmo writes:
Hi again..is't a customary tradition here at lugnet not to respond to newbies ??

Look I know that I'm no Eric Sophie, but at least I made some attempts of
what I've got in my hands, and I'm sure that I have still plenty to show.

Please feel free to click those links up there and critique them, I will be
happy just to see some responses from you guys..and I'll be glad to answer
your questions when ever the time permits.

Joseph

I saw these on Brickshelf a while back - before you had posted about them
here - and was quite impressed. You've managed to come up with some really
unique designs. I just wish the alternate models that come with the sets
were as inventive!

A agree with your first post - the Cloud Car alternate is my favorite, too.
That set has some good parts in it, but I never would have imagined that it
could build this.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more!

- Paul

I can't believe it, there is sombody who actually responded !

Thanks a lot Paul..I totally agree with you about the alternate images that
came with the sets were kind of lame..or sometimes they had no connection
what so ever with the main model or even the theme of Star Wars !

I'm really glad that you liked the designs that I came up with..some of 'em
were ok by my standards..but the rest of 'em were kind of challenging to
pull, and actually they came up great.

The combos that I made were the most frustrating, but again I was very happy
with the results, combo-a is really a great set to look at..and that big
walker that resembels the AT-AT actually has a walking mechanism similar to
the DSDK set, but the operation is manual due to it's huge weight problem
which I could't hack with the electic motor..the available parts were kind
of limiting you know..

I still a have a lot more to show, and I'm gonna keep up with this project
as long as there are more Star Wars sets in the future..so stay tuned.

Thanks again
Joseph