 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 456
455  |  457
Subject:
A different perspective of the SW sets..Original MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 06:16:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi Lugneters

Let introduce my self,my neck name is Darkkazmo and I've been a LEGO geek
since I was a toddler..I have a background in design, engineering, music and
illustrations. I'm a member at FBTB.net. and I've been lurking around Lugnet
and enjoing most of your creations since 1999.. and let me tell you, I've
been floored "literary" so many times by some of your over the edge
customs..sadly until this day ;)

Of course I had a terrible dark age syndrome for almost 13 years due to hard
financial situations..and I strated recovering from it in the end of 1998..
I lost most of my space-technic-town collections..so I started packing up
with the SW collection for making up.

And here is a copycat of my initial post over the FBTB forum..

Here are some of the many SW models that I created from the official SW LEGO
sets..in other words, non of these creations were built from other parts
other than what was available from the sets mentioned.

All these MOCs are original..so non of 'em are actually exist in Lucas's
saga..it's an attempt to be a little bit creative and different than the
rest of the amazing SW LEGO customizers around.

It started as a way of testing the SW sets if they contain good parts,
usable colors, number of pieces and if actually alternate models could be
built and fit in the stream of the main model...and it turned to be a huge
project I started working on for the past year and half...and let me tell
you, it was a challenge..

My project consists of two main categorys..alternate models and combo models
made from combined SW sets..

Let me start with the Alternate models :-
1) This is a Rebel speeder made as an alternate of the AT-ST set # 7127
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23908>

2) Now this is a new Rebel Fighter made from the X-wing set
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23953>

3) A lite Rebel Walker used for rough terrains made from the Snowspeeder set
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23951>

4) Here's a Naboo bomber made from the Naboo Fighter set
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23954>

5) And here is a tough terrain Imperial Space Walker made from the
Y-wing/Tie fighter
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23907>

6) My favorite the Rebel Little Demon Fighter/Walker made from the Cloud Car
set <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23906>

And now for the challenging combo sets :

1) Combo-a consists from one Imperial destructive walker (SW-WT), one droid
walker tank, one Rebel fighter and one Rebel heavy mecha "red"
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23078>

2) Combo-b, an Imperial doird bi-walker/trasport
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23875>

3) Combo-c, a Rebel bi-walker with droid jet accessory
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23882>

4) Combo-d, a Heavy Rebel walker tank
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23889>

5) combo-e, an Imperial mobile suit with accessories
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23897>

Please note that the links of the combo sets are mentioning what the combo
sets are actually made from..again non of these sets contain any additional
non SW extra parts.

Sorry for some of the poor quality pics (thanks to my cr**** digital
camera)..believe me I did my best !! and sorry for the long post.

Let me know what do you think

Enjoy
Joseph