 Star Wars / 13815
Re: New Member/ My SW Customs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:27:00 GMT

Thanks, Gil!

I always try to maintain sightlines and angles as close as the limits of the
brick allow, so thanks for noticing! As for the storied past of my Lego
ships, just wait till you hear what happened to the Falcon back before I won
it from Lando in that sabaac match!  :)

If Lego wants to use the ideas, they could have a while ago...I sent them
lots of pics of my stuff back when I had just built the rear section of the
Falcon, '96 or something. I thought it would be something to see my stuff in
their magazine (this was before I had a computer or had any idea about cool
sites like lugnet, fbtb, etc..). They basically sent me a form letter saying
"thank you but we can't show all the creations sent to us, so don't get your
hopes up, etc."

I felt a bit brutalized. I knew they tended to show mostly young kids'
creations, but I've see some adult created model-quality stuff in there as
well (besides, I was 14 when I built the original ships in some of the
pics). Then I thought maybe they couldn't show them because of liscensing
issues with Lucas. But just months later, they featured someone else's At-St.

Anyhow, they have all those pics I sent, which become their property and may
be used for whatever they choose, etc. etc. The ships looks much better now
than those old pics, and it may be a childish grudge, but I won't be
submitting any more pics to Lego any time soon.

-Brian

In lugnet.starwars, Gil Shaw writes:
Brian,

Just saw the post and the folder.....nice premiere!

The angles on the Falcon are model quality for sure.  I would love to see
some of the excellent techniques employed here translate into an 'official'
UCS model...with full acredition of course!

I found your tale of the brick as entertaining as the models.  It's always
heartening to know that our collective hobby can weather and grow with the
ongoing stages of life.  Good stuff.

Cheers,
-Gil