 Star Wars / 13804
13803  |  13805
Subject:
New Member/ My SW Customs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:04:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all, just joined Lugnet!

Though it's been up for several weeks, I'm announcing my Brickshelf Gallery
of SW customs, since I'm new to Lugnet. Some of you may have seen them
already, and I'd love constructive feedback and opinions from you or anyone
seeing these for the first time. I know some of the photos leave something
to be desired, but hopefully soon a buddy of mine will be taking new pics
with his digital camera.

Some of the designs (snowspeeders, for example) are slightly oversized, but
I make that trade off to maintain accuracy and to keep the ships 'in scale
with themselves.' You could say that they're based on minifig width, not
height (as if the minfigs were slightly taller). They are effectively
between six and seven studs per 6 feet of full scale, except the AT-ST,
which is sort of a UCS design, scaled to 3 3/4" action figures.

Many of these ships are new or improved versions of customs I made when I
was younger, from '83 on. I'll try to get some of those old photos scanned
in to show the evolution of the designs, especially my Falcon.

My Brickshelf Gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=errbt

Let me know what you think!

Brian