 Star Wars / 13806
Re: New Member/ My SW Customs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 06:20:51 GMT

Welcome to Lugnet!

I'll reserve my comments on the other SW customs because I can't see well
enough with the photos but they sure look wonderful from a blurry point of
view.  Hope you get those digi pics soon!

But the Millenium Falcon.  Wow!   I have seen your folder and have been
wondering about it since it got onto brickshelf, since nobody posted about
it.  From what I can see, it is QUITE a model.  The sheer size of it
impresses me but the details seem even more amazing.  All the radar dishes
and little widgets on top of the falcon (not to mention the turret and all
the rest) really gets the image of the original falcon across-as a
spectacular piece of many-times repaired and loyal junk.  The shape and
contours are also quite nice.  I imagine a model of this size lets you
finesse those curves quite a bit even without big round pieces.

The interior is also quite nice...amazing that you kept the entire thing
pretty much in scale...all that room for the pilots, whiny Mark Hamill, etc.
I can't wait to see more clear digi pics...especially from some of the
neglected angles if you can manage it (back and bottom :) ).  This is one
great piece of work.

On a side note...18 YEARS!!!  How do you keep up a work in progress for 18
years?!  I can't decide if that's more or equally amazing as the model
itself :)  Welcome indeed!

Luke

"Brian Tobin" <errbt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi all, just joined Lugnet!

Though it's been up for several weeks, I'm announcing my Brickshelf • Gallery
of SW customs, since I'm new to Lugnet. Some of you may have seen them
already, and I'd love constructive feedback and opinions from you or • anyone
seeing these for the first time. I know some of the photos leave something
to be desired, but hopefully soon a buddy of mine will be taking new pics
with his digital camera.

Some of the designs (snowspeeders, for example) are slightly oversized, • but
I make that trade off to maintain accuracy and to keep the ships 'in scale
with themselves.' You could say that they're based on minifig width, not
height (as if the minfigs were slightly taller). They are effectively
between six and seven studs per 6 feet of full scale, except the AT-ST,
which is sort of a UCS design, scaled to 3 3/4" action figures.

Many of these ships are new or improved versions of customs I made when I
was younger, from '83 on. I'll try to get some of those old photos scanned
in to show the evolution of the designs, especially my Falcon.

My Brickshelf Gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=errbt

Let me know what you think!

Brian