 Star Wars / 13543
  Re: 10026...Price versus Parts

IMO, no. Most of the increase in parts goes to the display stand anyway, right? and can it really cost $20 more to manufacture probably less than (help me out here) 2 dozen chrome parts? No lego is simply asking more cause they know psychopaths like (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 10026...Price versus Parts

I have to agree with you here Tim. Since the parts used in the stand are also used in lots of other sets, that certainly wouldn't justify doubling the price. Also, the rare chrome parts doesn't add that much value to the set unless you are (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 10026...Price versus Parts

Heck, I'd pay double the old price for 3033s even without any chrome plated parts. But just imagine a chrome plated tub full of juicy new chrome plated technic parts ... drool ... let me get my cheque book JB - happy lab rat (Sorry to be a bit off (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 10026...Price versus Parts

I would pay double the old price for 3033's also. But it seems to me that the value associated with that purhcase is far greater than that of the 10026. If TLC released a tub of all chrome technic parts, that is a different story all together. :) (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 10026...Price versus Parts

(...) Absolutely true. Go to any video store or comic book shop and ask yourself whether the "Special Edition" / "Widescreen" / "Director's Cut" / "foil cover" / "limited issue" versions are substantially more expensive than the regular version. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)